Thursday, January 19, 2012

Free 37" LG LCD HDTV!

I still can't believe this one. This TV was dropped off at an electronics recycling depot by a guy who said it was driving him crazy with intermittent issues. The next day I figured I would check it out and after a few hours of use I did notice some flickering problems with the image. I went into the TV's menu and reset all the image settings back to factory default. I think he had the brightness setting cracked up so in resetting to default may have simply solved the issue by not having the brightness up too high, forcing the backlight inverters to draw more power from an aging power supply. That's my theory anyway because fact is since doing that the TV has been working fine. I left it on for a few days playing movies to test it out and it hasn't shown any issues since! Here it is shown in this video on the 3rd day playing movies for 6 hrs today and it's still working fine! This LG model is from 2005 so it's 6 years old now. But as I mentioned in the video this is an IP-S based panel, not a TN panel like the majority of LCD TV's and Monitors. This means it was a higher end model (IP-S based LCD panels always cost more than the cheaper and more common TN based LCD panels) and to my pleasant surprise it has great contrast, color depth and viewing angles for an LCD TV of this age. It even handles non-HD/SD content surprisingly well as shown with the Sega Genesis running via Composite video. I can honestly say as far as static contrast and color depth goes this 6 year old ...

Men Ring Bands On Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment